Common Questions

← Back to Resources
  • Child Benefit

    Separating couples with children and child benefit: What you need to know

    If you and your partner are separating, you need to decide who will continue to claim child benefit.

  • Closed Redundancy

    Do I need to complete a Self Assessment tax return if I have redundancy pay?

    Yes, if either of the following applies:

  • Bank account

    Bank accounts for freelancers

    As a freelancer, it's important to have a dedicated bank account for your business.

  • Getting paid faster

    Hey small business owners & freelancers, want to get paid 70% faster? Here's how

    Getting paid on time is essential for any small business or freelancer. But it can be tough to chase down late payments, especially when you're busy with other things.

  • Child Benefit

    Who is eligible to receive child benefit?

    Child benefit is a government payment to parents and guardians of children under the age of 16, or under the age of 20 if they are still in full-time education.

  • Payment

    What is payment on account?

    Payment on account is a system used by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to collect tax from self-employed people and small businesses.

  • Childcare

    Are childcare costs deductable for the self-employed and small business owners?

    HMRC figures that if you're self-employed or a small business owner, you're rich enough to pay for your own childcare. Of course, this isn't entirely fair.

  • Autumn Statement 2023

    Autumn Statement Update for Self-Employed and Small Business Owners

    Freelancers and small business owners, here are the key takeaways from today's Autumn Statement:

  • Self Employed person

    Can freelancers and the self-employed claim expenses for working from home?

    In short, yes, but...

  • Corporation Tax

    What are the new corporation tax rates for small businesses?

    New corporation tax rates for small businesses in the UK, starting April 1, 2023

Next →