Common Questions

← Back to Resources
  • Pension Pot

    How to Get a State Pension as a Self-Employed Person

  • Ambulance

    Are The Self-Employed Entitled to Sick Pay?

    Self-employed people in the UK are not entitled to statutory sick pay (SSP) in the same way that employees are.

  • Phone

    Tax Exemption for Mobile Phones

    : What Small Business Owners Need to Know

  • Money

    Personal Savings Allowances in the UK: What You Need to Know

    The Personal Savings Allowance (PSA) is a tax-free allowance that allows you to earn interest on your savings without paying any income tax.

  • New electric car

    Electric Car Depreciation: What You Need to Know

    New data from Carwow reveals that electric cars have lost an average of one-third of their value in the past six months compared to just 0.5% for petrol vehicles.

  • 5th October

    Reminder: Register for Self-Assessment by 5th October 2023

  • Overlap relief

    Overlap relief for the self-employed

    Overlap relief is a tax relief that can be claimed by self-employed people who have profits in one tax year that are less than the profits in the previous tax year.

  • VAT

    What is VAT?

    VAT stands for Value Added Tax. It is a tax on goods and services sold in the UK.

  • Freeagent


    FreeAgent is like a friend who's always there to help you with your finances. It's always willing to lend a hand, and it's always up for a chat. And it's always happy to see you succeed.

  • Dominic Kent

    How Much Does It Cost To Set Up A Freelance Business?

← Previous Next →