• Director's Chair

    Freelancers & Small Biz Owners: Taming the Tax Beast with Proper Records

    HMRC commonly find errors in relation to directors’ loan accounts when making routine reviews of company tax returns.

  • Self Assessment Tax Return

    Unleash Tax-Free Power: Your Guide to Maximising Allowances (2023/24 Edition)

    The tax system contains a number of allowances which enable individuals to enjoy income and gains tax free.

  • Travel

    Navigating the Maze: Demystifying Travel and Subsistence Expenses for Businesses

    When calculating your profits, expenses are deductible to the extent that they are incurred wholly and exclusively for the purposes of the business.

  • 2024

    Drumroll please... It's Tax Season 2024!

    Don't let the filing frenzy faze you. Get ready with us!

  • Finance Influncer Scam

    The Double Take: Tax "Hacks" from TikTok Influencers and the Perilous Pitfalls

    Scroll through any social media platform these days, and you're bound to stumble upon "finance influencers" peddling their secret tax-saving strategies.

  • Child Benefit

    Separating couples with children and child benefit: What you need to know

    If you and your partner are separating, you need to decide who will continue to claim child benefit.

  • Closed Redundancy

    Do I need to complete a Self Assessment tax return if I have redundancy pay?

    Yes, if either of the following applies:

  • Side Hustle Additional Income

    The Online Sell-Off: HMRC Cracks Down, But Is It Fair Play?

    HMRC's recent move to require online platforms like eBay and Vinted to report seller information has stirred a hornet's nest.

  • Child Benefit

    Who is eligible to receive child benefit?

    Child benefit is a government payment to parents and guardians of children under the age of 16, or under the age of 20 if they are still in full-time education.

  • Payment

    What is payment on account?

    Payment on account is a system used by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to collect tax from self-employed people and small businesses.

Next →